Motorcycle accidents can be one of the most traumatic events in someone’s life. Physical and mental injuries often occur as a result of these accidents, and motorcyclists are also at a higher risk of death in an accident. Because of the extensive pain and suffering that can result from a motorcycle crash, it is important to have help from a Clearwater motorcycle accident lawyer who knows how to seek these damages in your case.
What is Pain and Suffering?
Pain and suffering refers to a type of non-economic damage in an injury claim. In other words, it’s the amount of money you ask for when your physical or mental health has been affected by an injury due to someone else’s fault. This can be a tricky type of damage because, unlike medical bills, you cannot provide receipts and documents to show the exact value of your pain and suffering.
What Factors Influence Pain and Suffering Payouts?
There are different questions we can ask to help determine just how much pain and suffering you experienced following a motorcycle accident:
- What kind of injuries occurred during the motorcycle accident?
- Were you hospitalized for any significant time period after the incident?
- Did you need to take opioids or other pain medication to control your physical pain?
- Did you develop any long-term chronic pain disorders?
- What were some long-term effects on your quality of life, such as emotional trauma, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), or anxiety?
- Did your injuries prevent you from working, playing with your children, exercising, or engaging in other activities that you loved?
- Did your family and friends notice a difference in your mood following your injuries?
Some insurance companies use a standard calculation for pain and suffering damages. However, we know that each person has a unique experience, so we examine evidence to determine an appropriate value for your specific pain and suffering as a motorcycle victim.
Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you sustained a severe injury that resulted in significant pain and suffering, it is especially important that you seek the legal help you need. Our lawyers have seen the devastating effects of motorcycle injuries firsthand, and we know the level of pain and suffering that comes with catastrophic injuries.
We can present evidence to support your pain and suffering claim to the insurance company or in court, and we will always fight for the full compensation you deserve, including for intangible losses. The sooner you call, the sooner we can help protect your rights.
Consult with a Clearwater Motorcycle Accident Attorney Right Away
Pain and suffering is intangible, yet courts and insurance companies should acknowledge these losses, and you can achieve this with the help of the right Clearwater motorcycle accident attorney. The Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes&Tragos handles complex cases involving high pain and suffering awards, and we can evaluate your situation. Contact us today to speak to a member of our team about your claim for free.